It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Citrus County Health Department
3700 West Sovereign Path
Lecanto, Florida 34461
- Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers.
- Did you know 1 in 5 homes in Florida has an elevated radon level?
- Test your home free of charge by filling out this form!
- Radon is a naturally occurring, odorless, colorless, tasteless, radioactive gas produced from the radioactive decay of radium, found in most soils and earthen construction materials.
- Radon is the single largest source of radiation exposure in the U.S.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that radon is responsible for more than 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year in the U.S. (about one person every 25 minutes).
- U.S. Surgeon General recommends all houses be tested for radon.
- For more information visit radon.floridahealth.gov.
Connect with DOH