WIC and Nutrition Services
3700 West Sovereign Path
Lecanto, FL 34461
NewsLetters and Flyers
Rise and Shine It's Breakfest Time (PDF; 505KB)
WIC and Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding Log (PDF; 158KB)
Children, Teens and Families
Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
WIC is a nutrition education and special supplemental food program for women, infants and children under age 5. Services we provide include:
- Financial assistance to purchase certain healthy foods
- Nutrition counseling
- Referrals for immunizations and health care
In addition these services, we provide breastfeeding support for new moms through our certified lactation consultants and breastfeeding peer counselors. It is recommended that infants be exclusively breastfed for the first six months of their lives, and we can help you work through common breastfeeding road bumps so you can be as successful as possible in meeting that recommendation. We can also help you adapt your breastfeeding routine for returning to school or work.
WIC also offers a 7 day-a-week Infant Feeding Line to provide support for topics that include breastfeeding, bottle feeding, breast care, and pumping by our breastfeeding staff. Give us a call! We are here to help you.
Infant feeding line: 352-513-6060
WIC Eligibility Requirements
To be income-eligible for WIC, you must have a total household income that is equal to or less than the amounts listed in the WIC income guidelines and be a Florida resident. You are automatically income-eligible if you are currently receiving any of the following:
- Temporary cash assistance
- Food assistance
How to Apply:
To apply for WIC call the Lecanto office at (352) 527-8490, the Inverness office at (352) 726-5222, or call, toll-free, 1-800-342-3556 and ask to apply for WIC.
What to bring to your WIC certification visit:
- Each family member who is applying to receive WIC services.
- Proof of ALL income for everyone in the household (income before taxes and deducations). Income includes things like: salaraies, child support, alimony, foster care payments, interest withdrawn, unemployment compensation, and military earnings.
- If you receive any of the assistance listed above, we can verify your enrollement in those programs. It is helpful to bring the current "Notice of Case Action" letter.
- ONE proof of where you live (not a P.O. box). The document must be current and show your name and address. Examples include a utility bill, bank/insurance statement, or driver's license.
- ONE proof of identification for you and ONE proof of identification for any infant or child applying for WIC. This can include birth certificates, driver's licenses, crib cards, military ID, photo ID, Social Security cards, or a hospital record.
- WIC medical referral form, if your doctor completed one.
- Social Security number for each person applying for WIC, if available.
- Immunization (shot) record for each child, if available.
Locations and Hours of Operation
WIC is offered from 8:00am-5:00pm (closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm):
Lecanto Office: 3700 W. Sovereign Path, Lecanto, FL 34461
Inverness Office: 130 N. Montgomery Ave., Inverness, FL 34450