Community Health Planning and Statistics
Citrus County Health Department
Community Health Data:
County Health Rankings (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
Amercian FactFinder (U.S. Census Bureau)
The Florida Department of Health in Citrus County continually monitors the health of our community by measuring and evaluating a variety of data points. Available community health data is frequently compiled in various topic-related reports. This data is used to guide program and service outreach efforts in our community.
The Citrus Health Improvement Partnership (CHIP) is currently meeting to work on the adopted Community Health Improvement Plan, which addresses the five priority areas identified in the Community Health Assessment (attached below).
CHIP priority areas include:
- Mental Health-substance and drug abuse; access to healthcare and related services
- Healthy Behaviors Supported by Culturally Appropriate Health Education-to address: overweight and obesity; access to healthy food choices; tobacco use; lack of physical activity; personal responsibility in health decision-making
- Child Health and Safety-healthy family life, effective parenting and social skills; activities for youth; educational, social and employment opportunities for young adults; primary prevention of chronic diseases and mental health problems in children and young adults
- Access to Healthcare-affordable health insurance; enhancing access to primary care, mental health services, dental care and specialty care; linking people to needed health and social services; health literacy on appropriate use of healthcare services and resources
- Promoting Health through Policy and Infrastructure Investments via a Health in All Policies Approach-to address: changing demographics, including the aging population and increasing Hispanic population; need for countywide strategic economic plan; economic issues including job training, jobs, wages and affordable housing; health equity
A subcommittee has been formed around each of these priorities. Anyone is welcome to join the partnership and/or subcommitteess. Please contact our CHIP coordinator, Nancy Witty, at (352) 527-0068 option 1, ext 299, for meeting details or other questions.
National, State and County Data Systems
Citrus County Community Health Reports
- 2018 Community Health Assessment-Executive Summary
- 2018 Community Health Assessment-Technical Appendix
- 2016 Community Health Assessment-Executive Summary
- 2016 Community Health Assessment-Technical Appendix