- Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers.
- Did you know 1 in 5 homes in Florida has an elevated radon level?
- Test your home free of charge by filling out this form!
- Radon is a naturally occurring, odorless, colorless, tasteless, radioactive gas produced from the radioactive decay of radium, found in most soils and earthen construction materials.
- Radon is the single largest source of radiation exposure in the U.S.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that radon is responsible for more than 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year in the U.S. (about one person every 25 minutes).
- U.S. Surgeon General recommends all houses be tested for radon.
- For more information visit radon.floridahealth.gov.